Mechantronics Controls Design Engineer
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20529-BZ-MM1
Compensation : open - 45-60/h
Start Date : 04/13/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechatronics, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering,
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for Mechatronics Controls Design Engineer to work on mechatronics, sub-nanometer linear motion control, product and system integration and software functionality.
- Work on mechatronics and control systems on advanced modules in electro-mechanical systems.
- Design and test of mechatronic systems and control systems, especially for multi-stage linear motion.
- Design and develop custom mechatronics systems with a cross sector team, including translating stages, rotary motion, multi-link positioners, sensors, servos, actuators, etc.
- Integration of control systems for industrial robotics into capital equipment, including all aspects such as dynamics, end-effector design, controls, etc.
- Design path optimization algorithms and associated controls for end product.
- Analyze and improve dynamic disturbance response of robotic systems.
- Troubleshoot designs to determine potential risks, failure modes, and corrective actions.
- Responsible for "sustaining engineering" tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
- Participate in concept designs and experiments for future equipment and subsystems.
- Run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
- Design quality products using six sigma and lean process techniques for robust designs.
- Create documentation for product designs and operations to be used in a clean manufacturing environment.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechatronics, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics or other fields.
- Experience with PID controllers, linear and nonlinear calibrations, flexible dynamics.
- Experience with magnetic linear actuators and magnetic levitation systems a plus.
- Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods in MATLAB or SIMULINK or similar tools.
Contact: Mark Manz