Metallurgical Lab Technician
Location : Saddle Brook NJ US 07663
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19657-BZ1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Metallurgy, Materials Science or Materials Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Metallurgical Lab Technician to work on product testing to aerospace specifications for manufactured parts and components.
- Responsible for all activities related to process control and process quality.
- Initiating test reports, preparing metallographic samples, technical and visual evaluation and processing.
- Managing compliance calendar to ensure tests are adequately performed per requirements.
- Work day to day with technical metallurgical equipment.
- Plan and carry out experimentation as needed to improve heat treat and quality processes or techniques.
- Support with new product introduction by verifying material metallurgical requirements.
- Participate in shop wide Kaizen events that utilize process improvement tools to drive process and product quality.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Metallurgy, Materials Science or Materials Engineering or a minimum of 3 years experience in a role focusing on metallurgy laboratory.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs, Climb Stairs or Push Product or Tooling.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky
Date Posted: 01/09/2019