Location : Paulsboro NJ US 08066
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20391-MK1
Compensation : 45000.00 - 60000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 12/11/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Metrologist who develops and evaluates calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects and substances.
- Performs diversified duties to provide technical support and implementation of mass, pipettes and other disciplines as necessary.
- Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
- Redesigns or adjusts measurement capability to minimize errors.
- Develops calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements.
- Uses a broad base of metrology, engineering, statistics and computer software to maintain standards and balances according to national and international standards.
- Trains, administers proficiency testing and assists calibrators and other departmental employees to perform calibrations and maintain accompanying documentation.
- Tests calibration standards and equipment, and analyzes trends as needed for compliance with government standards.
- Interfaces with sales personnel and customers to provide technical information when necessary.
- Advises (others) on methods of resolving measurement problems and exchanges information with other metrology personnel through participation in government and industrial standardization committees and professional societies.
- Performs special calibrations in compliance with government guidelines as requested by clients.
- Prepares for and participates in audits by external accreditation facilities and customers.
- Maintains laboratory quality systems for validity of calibration and software.
- Develops and maintains procedures and work instructions for all calibration disciplines.
- Maintains internal measuring and test equipment calibration.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience developing calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Contact: Monique Kleiman