Metrology Technician / Calibration Technician
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20375-MM1
Compensation : open - 90-110k
Start Date : 12/07/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for an Electrical Engineer to work as a Metrology Engineer for aerospace electronics and systems.
- Calibrate, repair and maintain electrical and electronic test equipment and instruments that support the production of Electronic Systems, Circuit Cards and Components.
- Design Calibration Procedures, Calibration Aids and Fixtures.
- Address equipment obsolescence and maintain a critical spare parts inventory.
- Maintain Calibration and Repair Recall System and Historical Database.
- Interface with Production and Engineering personnel to resolve equipment anomalies impacting daily production demands.
- Prepare equipment status reports, calibration reports and certificates.
- Address and document test equipment calibration Out of Tolerance parameters affecting production test specifications.
- Upgrade and Maintain facility ESD Compliance with ANSI/ESD S20.20.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in calibration and repair of electrical and electronic instruments and test equipment in a production environment.
- Experience with aerospace electronics and systems preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot to component level and follow diagnostic flow diagrams and procedures.
- Ability to design and build simple test circuits and calibration aids.
- Experience with vibration equipment, environment chambers, rate and position automatic tables is desirable.
- Ability to work in a production pressured environment.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder required as position is with a defense contractor.
- Must be able to work on U.S. government programs and/or obtain security clearance in the future if required.
Contact: Mark Manz