Location : Newington NH US 03801
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20619-JF1
Compensation : open - 30-35/h
Start Date : 06/24/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : AAS Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Telecom
Job Description :
- Contract position for a NOC technician who creates Customer Impact Messages and Trouble Tickets describing service impacts for Customer Care and business stakeholders.
- Support inner-NOC and business partner communication delivery processes.
- Work with Emergency Management in support of Incident Control Team procedures for Disaster Recovery.
- Ensure regulatory compliance is met for qualifying outages, filing appropriate FCC notifications when warranted.
- Work as part of cross-functional team to conduct service level remote surveillance of fault, performance, inventory, security in order to detect and correlate emerging service issues.
- Work with network, enterprise, and customer facing teams to detect, coordinate, and respond to emerging service impacting issues that require outage notification.
- As part of Network Operations Support, answer inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller.
- Work with more senior-level technicians to gain greater working knowledge of Technology network topology, services, and processes.
- Implement and follow NOC processes such as maintenance window, repair and return, security access and Network operational procedures.
- Escalate issues timely, objectively and with sensitivity to team dynamics.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS degree
- Experience as NOC operator.
- Experience with technical writing and reporting.
- Intermediate level knowledge of telecommunications networks.
- Basic concepts of IP Networking and IT Networks.
- Strong listening skills, with the ability to recognize and record key data in the midst of competing conversations.
- Ability to correlate causal effects from different information sources.
- Good understanding of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written.
- Ability to convey complex technical issues in layman's terms
- Self-driven person with strong desire to learn
- Experience on subsea system, optical transmission equipment testing, operation and maintenance a plus.
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment; Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
Contact: John Forsatz