Operational Excellence Lead
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20430-JF1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/01/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Engineering or Business Management
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Operational Excellence Lead to support goals on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost through the use of Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Assist facilitating continuous improvement events through the use of OpEx tools rooted in TPS principals.
- Drive a metrics based, data driven culture with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Monitor and analyze metrics to identify trends or opportunities where cost savings, cost avoidance and quality improvements can be realized.
- Effectively deploy Lean and Continuous Improvement methods into the organization.
- Partner with Manufacturing and Quality to reduce scrap and rework through Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate company-wide Kaizen activities to produce tangible cost savings.
- Provide timely and accurate project status to all organizational levels.
- Develop and maintain process maps for project and process improvements efforts.
- Assist key suppliers with the adoption of Lean Methodologies.
- Interface with customers to adopt best practices where possible.
- Implement and embrace a visual workplace to include metrics, 6S, and standard work.
- Drive a culture of accountability with attention to detail.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Business Management, Engineering or other related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of Operational Excellence, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Certification or experience with DMAIC Green Belt or equivalent, Lean, TPM, or Six Sigma.
- Project Management experience managing large cross-functional projects and timelines.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience training and coaching others in problem solving methodologies is preferred.
- Statistical analysis software experience (i.e. Minitab), preferred.
Contact: John Forsatz