Optical Reliability Engineer
Location : Somerset NJ US 08873
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20938-MM1
Compensation : 120000.00 - 140000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/10/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Reliability Engineer to collaborate with Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Service, and Marketing to define and establish product portfolio reliability targets and ensure reliability best practices for new product designs.
- Lead efforts to collect, analyze and report on component, subsystem, and systems reliability performance metrics.
- Work with customers and vendors to define and manage qualification programs for optical and opto-electronic hardware to the line card level.
- Conduct failure mode analyses on optical and opto-electronic components.
- Drive system and subsystem assessments and predictions during design.
- Lead tooling, fixture, and data gathering initiatives to facilitate the collection of reliability data.
- Implement reliability qualification tests to validate predictions.
- Develop and author system-level and component-level reliability test strategies, plans, protocols, and reports.
- Identify and lead the design and validation of reliability test fixtures and data acquisition / analysis tools.
- Conduct experiments to assess failure modes and vulnerabilities.
- Use modules in aggressive real-world conditions.
- Coordinate test and measurement schedules for reliability tests.
- Evaluate reliability risks associated with structures, optical mounts, parts, materials, and adhesives that are used in manufacturing and determine corrective actions.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering required, Master's of PhD preferred.
- Experience defining, reviewing, approving and conducting qualification plans for optical and opto-electronic components.
- Experience in failure mode analyses on optical and optoelectronic components.
- Experience in defining quality levels and reliability tests for electronic components and PCB’s.
- Experience in reliability techniques, principles and practices.
Contact: Mark Manz