Location : Apple Valley CA US 92307
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20944-MM1
Compensation : 95000.00 - 105000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/11/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Packaging Engineer to provide plant engineering support of packaging projects through the early stages of feasibility and design, leveraging outside resources to ensure success.
- Design and modify new products and equipment, support existing designs, improve production techniques, equipment and develop test procedures.
- Engineering project management to include preparation and delivery of project commitments, design documents, bid packages and operator/maintenance instructions.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and related specifications.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Complete projects as assigned within defined scope, allocated costs, time commitments and expected outcome.
- Stay abreast of packaging equipment technology developments and communicate relevant developments to staff.
- Evaluate opportunities and recommend implementation where appropriate.
- Resolve packaging problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies and concepts.
- Lead cross-functional teams, addressing technical challenges to achieve critical objectives.
- Foster and support all cost reduction initiatives.
- Provide information and engineering support for operations and maintenance departments as needed.
- Incorporate principles of lean manufacturing such as SS, key TPS elements, etc., to recommend new approaches to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Promote active leadership in the implementation of plant wide lean manufacturing efforts and TPS, integrating lean manufacturing disciplines in engineering department.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years previous engineering experience in high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience with consumer product manufacturing preferred.
- In-depth technical knowledge of liquid filling, labeling and packaging processes along with chemical liquid batching processes.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including Six Sigma, 5S, TPS, etc.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP).
- Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module and AutoCAD a plus.
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Solid understanding of OEE, OTIF, SMED improvement programs.
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, workflow, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
Contact: Mark Manz