Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19410-BZ1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Packaging Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Packaging Engineer responsible for new product development, package sizing, materialsand suppliers.
- Ensures packaging activity is aligned to project milestones.
- Research and develop new packaging materials, shapes, and assemblies.
- Supports innovation process by proposing, developing, and implementing packaging options.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of the packaging specifications.
- Develops, writes, and validates test methods to evaluate performance of packaging prototypes.
- Leads the packaging development for new initiatives.
- Prioritize and execute package sizing and die line generation.
- Initiate package improvement and cost optimization efforts.
- Develops ideas, concepts, and prototypes to solves problems and meet customer/consumer needs in new and superior ways.
- Deliver technical guidance and packaging engineering support.
- Works with Operations to gain alignment to specifications.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, plants, sister companies, and other sources of applicable technologies.
- Provide support to the maintenance and production peer group for requests, problem-solving, layouts, and execution of projects.
- Work with peers to provide high quality technical results and team support.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Packaging Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in packaging engineering field.
- Knowledge of Packaging Engineering processes such as product life cycle, change, and an in-depth knowledge of cGMP packaging design and change management requirements.
- Knowledge in sachets, pouches, and related flexible packaging.
- Experience in the use of statistical tools for problem solving.
- Experience in barrier properties of packaging materials.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects of varying complexity.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky