Pharmaceutical Reliability Engineer
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20585-AB1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 05/25/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Reliability Engineer responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and continuous improvement of reliability programs and solutions over the entire lifecycle of Site Assets and Capital Projects.
- Develop, maintain and update the Proactive Maintenance and Condition Monitoring programs.
- Integrate Asset Criticality Assessment results into Asset records and maintenance strategy.
- Assist in developing a spare parts program strategy in the CMMS.
- Establishing clear Work Order and Job Plan workflows & responsibilities for execution and approval, system administration, and training.
- Optimize PM Program to identify and remove low value-added tasks, revise PM intervals based on task type, asset usage, environment, and industry guidelines.
- Replace time-based intrusive tasks with condition based non-intrusive tasks.
- Develop Failure Modes and ensure Job Plan tasks are tied to a failure mode.
- Optimize work packages (task instructions, parts, and tools).
- Oversee implementation of a life cycle Asset Management program including defining the vision and presenting to key stakeholders, providing guidance to site teams, setting expectations, establishing and monitoring metrics.
- Develop methods to develop and improve engineering standards and work practices.
- Develop Continuous Improvement strategies and lead teams within areas of responsibility.
- Develop reliability metrics to evaluate activities and processes to assess Capital Effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities to provide improvement through benchmarking of metrics.
- Evaluate and trend critical equipment performance and history and develop proactive strategies to minimize the occurrence of the failures.
- Compare system and components failure rates with industry norms.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years pharmaceutical industry experience in reliability engineering.
- Knowledge and application of reliability methodologies and tools (e.g. Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, Structured problem solving, Lean and Six Sigma).
- Hands-on maintenance and engineering experience required.
- Knowledge of the principles of preventive & predictive maintenance, reliability centered maintenance and equipment performance standards.
- Experience preparing site assessments, FMEA reports and the ability to produce sample documents.
- CMRP Certification preferred.
- Experience working with Maximo or other CMMS.
- Strong leadership, collaborative, influencing, oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of Industry cGMP standards and aseptic processing practices.
Contact: Allan Berman