Principal Electrical Engineer, Power Electronics
Location : Willingboro NJ US 08046
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20787-AS1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/08/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Principal Electrical Engineer to serve as a Power Electronics Engineer for a manufacturing company specializing in melting furnaces for the steel industry
- Work within the Electrical Engineering Group to design power generation and control systems for industrial melting furnaces.
- Required knowledge of electrical systems and power distribution as well as various power generating technologies including SCR, IGBT, and inverter technology.
- Requires at least 25% travel, both internationally and domestically.
- Design and development of equipment for production and utilization of electric power on industrial melting furnace systems.
- Generate designs and specifications for power supply and transmission parts and integrate components into a final system design.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and supporting power supplies and electrical equipment.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate assigned engineering work and projects.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience with SCR, IGBT, and furnaces.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Simulation with PSIM preferred.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time both internationally and domestically.
Contact: Alex Salewycz