Principal Electrical Engineer
Location : Warren NJ US 07059
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19437-JF1
Compensation : open - 60-80/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Principal Electrical Engineer for capital projects and proposals for electrical facilities and systems for power plants.
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
- Design, implement, and improve electrical facilities and systems for proposals, projects, and existing plants.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Plan and implement methodologies and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment and/ or the solicitations of labor.
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
- Oversee project construction efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
- Develop budgets, estimate labor, material, and construction costs.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discipline with a strong work ethic.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- PE License required.
- Minimum 15 years experience (at least five years in an operations environment) in industrial process plant power distribution, including high voltage large motor start schemes, related controls and protection devices.
- Strong technical background and troubleshooting experience in electrical short circuit analysis, relay protection settings & coordination, power quality analysis, high voltage motor starting schemes and analysis, hazardous area classification and lightning protection.
- General expertise desirable in large high voltage motors.
- Good knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or other computer-aided design software applications.
- Ability to write clearly about highly technical subject matter for capital project proposals.
- Thorough understanding of electronic systems and component materials.
Contact: John Forsatz