Product Engineer - Mechanical / Electrical
Location : Maspeth NY US 11378
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20441-JF1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/11/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer or Electrical Engineer to serve as Product Engineer for new and existing MEP systems and components.
- Design and engineer new products. Redesign and improve existing products.
- Work with outside industrial designers.
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, documentation packages and specifications.
- Prepare instruction manuals and review sales literature to technical accuracy.
- Research design options and perform experiments to determine feasibility.
- Create and maintain new product development history documentation.
- Prepare bills of materials and costing.
- Review customer specifications.
- Review compliance with ASME, UL, CSA, NEC, international, state and local codes and standards.
- Work with vendors in product design, selection of materials and processes.
- Support manufacturing by creating and providing input on assembly fixtures and procedures.
- Review products with production to improve production.
- Provide technical assistance to internal sales, customer service and technical service departments.
- Assist customers to resolve field issues.
- Perform inspection of HVAC equipment and controls.
- Evaluate engineering, production and quality problems, test samples, analyze results and prepare reports.
- Generate inspection procedures and test plans and specify test equipment.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience with HVAC systems and controls.
- Advanced Electrical knowledge, including strong understanding of NEC.
- Experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software.
- Product design experience.
- Experience working with manufacturing, purchasing and quality teams.
- Plumbing or HVAC mechanical systems knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of ASME, UL, CSA, NEC is strongly desired.
- Building Automation Systems (BAS) experience is a plus.
- Position requires minimal travel.
Contact: John Forsatz