Production Manager - Electronics
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20370-MK1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/16/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Business Administration
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Production Manager to oversee day-to-day operations for electronic components and systems manufacturing.
- Responsible for on-time deliveries, output, quality, cost control, scrap, safety and other operational key performance indicators.
- Manage the Manufacturing and Shipping & Receiving departments.
- Responsible for developing and implementing practical and relatable Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Conduct production meetings and backlog meetings with associated departments as required.
- Define and post relevant metrics to track operations performance.
- Analyze metrics and identify the proper measures to constantly improve quality as well as cost and delivery performance.
- Coach and provide constructive feedback to assigned personnel through written and verbal communication regarding performance, quality requirements, and safe work behaviors.
- Identify training needs to maintain a high skilled workforce.
- Propose improvements in the organization, material and products to management.
- Maintain and improve relevant operating procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Identify technical and non-technical operations risks, taking appropriate measures to mitigate them as the situation evolves, in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Provide day to day support to Sales and Engineering by identifying manufacturing or specification issues quickly.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Ensure the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards.
- Review operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Business Administration or relevant field.
- Engineering degree is a plus.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a production manager.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the electronics industry.
- Experience planning, budgeting, with provable cost savings techniques.
- Experience in implementing Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge of business process and functions (Finance, Procurement, Operations, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and quality assurance / quality control.
- Requires US Citizen or Green Card, as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman