Location : Airmont NY US 10952
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20786-BZ1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/28/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Production Manager to ensure that materials, manpower and information are used to produce quality products.
- Ensure that all materials, drawings, specifications, patterns, fixtures, routers, etc. are provided to manufacturing in an accurate and timely manner to promote efficient production of pumps and parts in accordance with customer requirements.
- Produce a detailed monthly and weekly production schedule for approval by the Operations Manager based on the sales forecast, sales order backlog, inventory levels and production lead times.
- Monitor progress against the schedule and work with the Operations manager to resolve any issues to ensure on-time completion within the targeted standard cost.
- Maintain the item master file in support of a standard cost-based manufacturing accounting.
- Issue purchase requisitions for material and work with the Purchasing function to ensure timely order placement and on time delivery from the supply chain.
- Ensure inventory accuracy.
- Ensure that all labor and material transactions to work orders are completed.
- Support the sales team proposal efforts with cost and lead time estimates.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement efforts and participate in process improvement projects.
- Implement and maintain KPI’s as necessary to ensure performance meets/exceeds requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in production control within a manufacturing environment preferably in the machining of highly engineered rotating equipment to precise tolerances.
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings, Bills of Materials, and technical specifications.
- Inventory management experience, familiarity with creating and closing work orders, posting costs to variance, rework and scrap accounts.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Computer skills including MS Office products, and ERP systems.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky