Location : Edison NJ US 08820
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20299-MM1
Compensation : 75000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/08/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering or Operations Management
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Production Manager to oversee equipment assembly, service, purchasing, and shipping groups with coordination of build schedules, raw materials, and service to meet all sales initiatives.
- Responsible for planning production and coordination of resources with supervisors.
- Champion quality, safety, customer focus and employee development.
- Establish and maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Introduce and evolve best practice techniques such as LEAN, 5S, TOC and value stream mapping.
- Work with Operations Manager to understand overall production volume and mix goals.
- Work with Operations Manager to establish performance measures for areas of responsibility.
- Create production plans for area of responsibility and execute to meet daily expectations of customer order fulfillment, inventory build requirements.
- Coordinate resources to achieve monthly revenue forecasts and achieve gross margin targets.
- Maintain visible metrics and performance information on the shop floor and to the management team.
- Assist Engineering, Procurement, Finance and Shipping departments to ensure timely delivery of finished products.
- Participate in and facilitate feedback on product design and production processes.
- Lead monthly safety team information sessions and provide training, coaching, counseling, and/or improvement recommendations.
- Document any safety issues or incidents in timely manner and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Establish weekly 5S goals and activity with team.
- Record accomplishments and provide leadership team visibility.
- Adhere to all ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Operations Management, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Engineering experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience, including large teams and working in a batch and volume production environment.
- Minimum 1-2 years of direct supervisory experience required.
- A background in Lean Manufacturing skills and hands on experience in continuous improvement initiatives and projects is preferred.
- Experience motivating and leading diverse teams to meet / exceed expectations.
Contact: Mark Manz