Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20924-JF1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/25/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Production Planner with project management experience to develop production plans and schedules for manufacturing operations to meet contractual commitments to customers.
- Review sales orders to identify customer specified contractual requirements for orders, delivery, quality and other specifications.
- Identify material requirements through Bills of Material (BOM) and assembly specifications.
- Compile and prepare material requirement plans (MRP) in the form of Microsoft Project Reports.
- Prepare orders for inventory issuing requisitions for new and special-order materials.
- Determine make/buy activities for in-house and subcontract machining of parts, etc.
- Plan, enter, schedule and prepare production work order packages.
- Correlate planning and provide preliminary information with the Machine Shop.
- Compile and prepare material requirement orders for inventory.
- Review and verify Shop Order specifications, detail routings, number of pieces, release date, shipping date, etc. for released Work Orders.
- Revise and reschedule orders to compensate for rush order priorities, material shortages, vendor rejections, failure to deliver to plan or customer cancellations.
- Establish manufacturing lead time on regular orders to meet delivery commitments.
- Communicate and prepare reports to keep the Sales Department posted on order status to facilitate accurate and timely responses to Customer inquiries.
- Maintain reference files and records pertinent to project, standard work and miscellaneous procedures.
- Work with Production Control Manager, Contracts, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Control to achieve production goals.
- Report irregularities to the Production Control Manager and assist in corrective measures.
- Route and expedite materials, components, blueprints, etc., between departments to conform to scheduled manufacturing routings and assembly operations.
- Responsible for planning the project, implementing the project, controlling the project and evaluating the project.
- Responsible for accurate planning data in ERP system.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of production planning experience in an Automotive, Aerospace or Manufacturing production environment.
- Familiarity with production control systems, products, components and materials, manufacturing procedures, etc.
- Experience with SAP or Epicor for MRP / ERP.
- APICS Certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of project management concepts.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Experience with MS Project desired.
Contact: John Forsatz