Production Supervisor, Chemicals
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20419-AS1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 92000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 01/22/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Production Supervisor who oversees and ensures utilization of available manpower in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement to produce products safely, at lowest possible cost, with highest possible yield, and with acceptable quality in accordance with all mandated regulatory and quality requirements.
- Monitor operations of plant boiler(s) from control room to ensure safe operation, as well as maintaining boiler records.
- Supervises daily activities of hourly work force in various buildings ensuring proper utilization of equipment and staff.
- Communicates with production scheduler on a daily basis to implement weekly production schedule.
- Communicates on a daily basis with receiving department to ensure raw material needed for production in various building are available on time for production.
- Attends daily production meeting and report all production and maintenance issues.
- Investigates and suggests solutions for processing problems including yield and/or quality issues, repeated equipment breakdown, customer complaints, minor or lost time accident, effluent excursion and chemical spills.
- Ensures following information is recorded daily: batch cards, boiler log books, shift status report, transfer and drumming sheets, lock out/tag out if any, hot work permit and production completion log
- Supervises effluent operation, ensuring compliance with PVSC regulation.
- Supervises reception of bulk shipments, ensuring availability of tank-space as well as verifying correct material is charged or pumped to proper tank.
- Ensures compliance with the following regulations: OSHA, DPCC, Environmental, ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and Labeling as per DOT
- Initiates actions by interpreting labor management agreement to promote, transfer, discharge, or discipline employees. Handles first step grievances.
- Operates boiler as required. Must earn and maintain a blue seal boiler license.
- Inputs batch card information in an accurate and timely manner so processing of various products is accurately documented.
- Enforces energy conservation plant ensuring following equipment is shut down when not in use: agitators, pumps, chillers, air compressors, cooling tower fans and pumps and lights
- Trains production personnel for new equipment, procedure or any SOP change and documents training using ISO documentation record.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Production Supervisor in a chemical plant.
- Experience in a Union environment required.
- New Jersey Blue Seal Boiler strongly preferred.
Contact: Alex Salewycz