Program Manager, Aerospace
Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20491-MK1
Compensation : open - 90-110k
Start Date : 03/18/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Engineering, Science or Business
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Program Manager to lead multiple aerospace and military engineering and manufacturing IPD teams through design, development, qualification and LRIP production phases, acting as primary point of contact for customers for these phases.
- Perform project planning, progress measurement, scope control, and status reporting to executive management and customers.
- Carry out business development activities and coordinate initiatives across assigned market segments.
- Growth of commercial relationships with new private companies in the space-launcher market.
- Responsible for NRE cost, design to cost, and Schedule performance for assigned projects. (Shared with functional department leadership).
- Responsible for customer satisfaction for assigned projects.
- Create and release of project work breakdown schedule.
- Create and maintain project Integrated Master Schedule.
- Facilitate all IPD Team meetings with documentation of minutes and maintenance of action item lists.
- Review and create labor and material plans and cost reports.
- Resolution and coordination of project cost, schedule, and technical performance issues.
- Escalation of issues that cannot be resolved at the project team level.
- Project NRE expenditures to within 10% of BAC.
- On-time delivery of major milestones to within 2 weeks of baseline.
- Identify opportunities to grow business content with associated project customers.
- Identify new or synergistic business opportunities in associated market segment.
- Support significant proposals with related PMO inputs.
- Identify existing and evolving customer needs in order to expand current and new product offerings.
- Maintain and continue to elevate relationships with Business Development, Engineering, Operations, Customer Service and all other facets of the company.
- Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies / procedures to ensure compliance to regulatory and internal system requirements.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering, Science or Business
- Minimum 2 years experience in aerospace and/or military mechanical and/or electrical component and/or systems engineering design, development, and manufacturing.
- Understanding of basic PM principles, such as those promoted by the Project Management Institute.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel.
- Computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
Contact: Monique Kleiman