Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20665-AS1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/11/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Medical Devices
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Program Manager / Technical Lead to ensure that the customer’s expectations are clearly understood and being met by manufacturing operations and R&D.
- Direct teams across all organizational areas (Design, Engineering, Tooling, Quality, Manufacturing, and Sales).
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination and on-time/in-budget completion of all projects for progressive stamping, insert molding, factory automation and other related tooling/processes.
- Responsible for fostering a technical relationship with the customer to encourage additional sales through future product development areas, and facilitate the overall sales cycle.
- Provide leadership to technical teams responsible for successful launch of multiple complex programs.
- Service and grow company's program base within the Automotive, Medical and other targeted accounts.
- Oversee all aspects of programs beginning at customer order through to successful transfer to Manufacturing.
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) including completion of related documentation such as DOE’s, FMEA’s, Process Flowcharts, Control Plans, Capability Studies and Gage R&R’s.
- Participate in product design (R&D) meetings with customers.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of project schedules.
- Ensure that project milestones and deadlines are met including assignment of responsibilities, monitor progress and report status to management and customer.
- Facilitate Tooling Kickoff, Specification Review, Design Review and Lessons Learned (Post Mortem) Meetings.
- Oversee the development and input of initial BOM and detailed Routing
- Oversee the initiation and/or coordination of the change control process (ECO) relating to Engineering documentation.
- Jointly responsible for successful transfer of tooling to Manufacturing along with Toolroom and Design Engineering functions.
- Oversee the selection and management of key suppliers as required by project.
- Oversee the completion of requisitions for approval by management for purchased tooling or other product or services.
- Interface with outside suppliers to ensure they provide product or services on-time and to specifications.
- Assist in determining needs for additional personnel and/or training in order to meet program needs.
- Identify and facilitate new and/or special equipment needs along with Manufacturing Engineering.
- Manage program risks by considering tradeoffs between time, cost, customer needs and product and manufacturing physics.
- Interface with customer on technical and schedule-related issues.
- Ensure program progress is communicated to customer at regular intervals.
- Assist in identifying areas for continued improvement and opportunities to gain organizational knowledge.
- Participate in customer, internal and registrar quality system audits.
- Support Sales and New Product Development Teams by assisting in identifying potential leads and opportunities.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Minimum of 10 yrs experience manufacturing and/or product design (R&D) environment.
- Experience in medical device/life science industry required.
- Experience with product design, program/project management, and understanding of tight-tolerance manufactured products is required.
- Ability to read blueprints and other technical documents.
- Understanding of ANSI and ISO drawing standards and GD&T dimensioning preferable.
- Ability to use SolidWorks for product and tooling design preferred.
- Knowledge of quality inspection tools and methods preferred.
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools and methods preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO Quality Systems required.
- Knowledge of TQM, Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing principles preferred.
- Knowledge of progressive metal stamping and/or insert molding processes desired.
- Experience creating Gantt charts, including creation and linking of tasks, assigning of resources, tracking of tasks, and progress reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge or MRP or ERP software preferred
- Exceptional analytical and computational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Demonstrated high level of creativity and innovation.
- Demonstrated decision-making capability.
- Demonstrated customer interfacing skills, including “soft skills” needed to facilitate technical sales.
Contact: Alex Salewycz