Project Engineer - Aerospace
Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20497-MM1
Compensation : open - 50-65/h
Start Date : 03/19/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Project Engineer for aerospace product development and manufacturing.
- Work very closely and collaboratively with global and domestic customers, operations and production, vendors and partners, engineering, sourcing and peers.
- Direct and support bid and proposals, and respond to customer's challenges and requests in a timely manner.
- Lead and direct cross-functionally disbursed engineering teams during proposal, requirements capture and requirements definition, design, validation, testing and integration, verification, certification, product transition, manufacturing, and delivery.
- Plan programs and projects, Develop and execute to project budgets and schedules, including Earned Value Management System (EVMS), critical path management, Estimates-at-Completion, and workload forecasts.
- Mentor, train and develop younger, multi-disciplined engineers.
- Demonstrated an effective relationship building skills at all levels within the organization.
- Ensure project success by monitoring and reporting on team's progress towards schedule and cost goals.
- Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports.
- Communicate across functional and remote teams, cater to wide and variety of audiences, both internal and external.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Master of Engineering or MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive product development, system architecture, civil and military certification experience within the aerospace and the avionics industry
- Engineering leadership, team management, project management within the aerospace and avionics industries is a plus.
- Experience in MIL- STD-810, DO-160, DO-254, DO-178B and ARP 4754 is a plus.
- Prior Knowledge of Inertial Reference Systems, Inertial Measurement Units or avionics development is strongly desired.
- Travel 10 to 15 percent is required once COVID is controlled.
- US citizenship is required for this job as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Mark Manz