Project Field Engineer, Nuclear
Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20293-AB1
Compensation : open - 44-59/h
Start Date : 09/02/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Mechanical Engineer to act as a Project Field Engineer to prepare detailed work plans, provide technical oversight and resolve technical issues.
- Prepare statements of work, procedures, and work plans to support procurement activities and complete task including field inspections and tests, fabrication, and installation modification for mechanical systems and components.
- Initiate require site permits and support completion of Job Hazards Analyses.
- Assist supervisors and lead technicians in pre-job worker briefings
- Provide oversight and technical direction to safely accomplish assigned tasks in accordance with established designs.
- Initiate and coordinate resolution of technical problems and issues with ECNs (Engineering Change Notices) and other design documentation.
- Inspect installed and tested work against design requirements and advise authorities of acceptability.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years experience in construction, operations or maintenance at commercial nuclear power plants or energy research laboratories.
- Experience in preparing technical procedures.
- Strong written communication and leadership skills at all levels.
- Ability to work under highly disciplined controls and stringent safety environment and understand written, detailed work instructions.
Contact: Allan Berman