Location : Ewing NJ US 08628
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20760-AB1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 01/06/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Business or Supply Chain
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Purchasing Agent to procure goods and services including raw materials, consumables, small equipment, tools, parts, and supplies using corporate requirements and market price knowledge by obtaining 3 quotes.
- Select products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items and analyzing feedback from manufacturing plant personnel.
- Work with vendors for product pricing, availability, and delivery. Maintain and expedite delivery of goods for users.
- Review and process requisitions for correct authorization and vendor selection.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Maintain correct inbound freight cost on purchase orders.
- Reviews bid proposals with Purchasing Manager to confirm costs within budget.
- Maintains manual and computerized procurement records for services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with Quality Control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine the origin of defect and take corrective action, ensuring prompt resolution and return.
- Review daily receiving records for accuracy and correct if needed.
- Maintain an open purchase order report with accurate open orders.
- Follow all applicable EHS procedures and immediately report all injuries and potentially dangerous situations.
Required Qualifications :
- BA/BS in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience with ERP system.
- Experience with commodity purchasing including materials such as metal, steel, or titanium, ideally for aerospace industry.
- Ability to read blueprints and engineering documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong decision-making, motivational, time management, analytical and organizational skills
- US Citizenship required due to military project requirements.
Contact: Allan Berman