Location : Princeton NJ US 08540
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20094-AB1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 01/11/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6
Required Education : BS Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Purchasing Manager to oversee efforts of procurement team members in raw material purchases at the lowest cost, complying with quality and standards, company safety and business ethics guidelines.
- Responsible for improving overall purchasing programs.
- Oversee procurement processes, budgets, and negotiations of supplier contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for supplier evaluation and measure effectiveness to ensure continuous improvement in cost, quality, delivery, and innovation.
- Ensure adequate supplies of purchased materials are maintained to meet sales requirements.
- Control the company's purchased material costs and ensure sourcing reliability relative to on-time delivery, services, and quality.
- Ensures goods are purchased effectively in reference to total costs.
- Strategically develops strong supplier relationships.
- Works closely with the receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived and investigate delayed arrivals from purchase orders.
- Ensuring that corporate reporting is complete and filed on time.
- Participate in EHS audits and investigations and ensure all EHS rules and procedures are adhered.
- Occasional travel to visit manufacturing sites and vendor facilities.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or another related field.
- Current procurement or supply chain leadership role plus at least 6 years progressive responsibility.
- At least 5 years experience in managing a purchasing team.
- Experience in purchasing in heavy industry manufacturing, ideally in aerospace, defense, or automotive.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to effectively negotiate cost reductions and deliveries.
- Demonstrated history of reducing costs, improving inventory turns and other critical supply chain metrics leading to increased profits.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing process and planning. ISO 9000 experience preferred.
- International sourcing and vendor assessment and development.
- Budgeting and financial management skills.
- Strong technical, time management, leadership, and decision making skills with strong business ethics.
- Able to collaboration with all levels of team members in all departments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- US Citizenship required as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Allan Berman