QC Laboratory Technician
Location : New Brunswick NJ US 08901
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 21082-MM1
Compensation : open - 20-23/h
Start Date : 06/21/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : BS Food Science or related sciences
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Quality Control Laboratory Technician for food processing.
- Responsible for food safety compliance, maintaining SQF certifications.
- Keep track of all samples and testing in the lab and report to the QA Manager on a daily basis.
- Submit appropriate quality reports and recommendations to QA Manager and Management team.
- Inspect and test all incoming material, verify supplier certificate of analysis against approved specification, and filing.
- Perform in-house lab testing (i.e. sensory, viscosity, particle size, and moisture, etc) of production samples.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed and maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Supervise and coordinate with interns to complete daily testing requirements.
- Inspect labels, codes, and weights on finished products to make sure they meet the quality standards.
- Calibrate lab and production equipment as necessary.
- Coordinate lab samples to be sent for analyses to Third Party labs.
- Responsible for organizing the retained samples sent to Third Party labs.
- Prepare samples required for customer approval.
- Assist in customer and regulatory audits.
- Organize the lab, including the supplies, documents, samples, and cleanness.
Required Qualifications :
- Experience with laboratory techniques / operations and analytical skills.
- Ability to follow detailed processing and analytical procedures with minimal or no supervision.
- Knowledge of Food Safety, SQF, GMPs, SOPs, etc.
- Requires organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions and manage professional relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills with proficiency using MS Word and Excel.
Contact: Mark Manz