QC Technician - 2nd Shift
Location : Cook County IL US 60053
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20754-AB1
Compensation : 50000.00 - 60000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/14/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Chemistry
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Chemical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for 2nd shift QC Technician to support QC Department at a Skokie area chemical manufacturer.
- Conduct standardized laboratory foam and other tests.
- Dispense, weigh, mix and dispose of hazardous chemicals using stirring equipment.
- Maintain and organize accurate records of procedures, data, and observations in a lab notebook and SAP database and Excel spreadsheets.
- Communicate results, observations, and work progress to supervisor on a daily basis.
- Support production operations with in-plant, in-process batch checks.
- Process sample request processing and shipping to customers and other company facilities.
- Comply with food safety, quality, and laboratory safety procedures.
Required Qualifications :
- Recent graduate with BS in Chemistry or HS Diploma with at least 3 years of chemical batch manufacturing experience.
- Experience in bench testing of product applications and specifications including physical and chemical properties.
- Able to make detailed observations of lab tests.
- Strong data observation and interpretation skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal, organization, and project management skills.
- 2nd shift, M-F, 3pm-midnight.
Contact: Allan Berman