Quality Assurance Director
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19595-JF1
Compensation : 145000.00 - 165000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Assurance Director for precision electromechanical products for military, defense and aerospace applications.
- Ensure that the company's products conform to all specifications and customer requirements.
- Ensure the production-required turn-around time of product through Quality Control directing and overseeing activities associated with maintaining all company certifications.
- Ensure products meet all external agency approvals such as AS9100 certification, ASME certification, NADCAP, and NUPIC.
- Direct and oversee all inspection functions, configuration management, and quality assurance processes.
- Serve as the interface with customers and vendors on all quality related topics.
- Drive Defect Paretos and closure of MRRs and Root-Cause-Corrective Action and mistake-proofing activities.
- Drive OOS inspection activities and Supplier Quality Metrics.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer quality requirements have been adequately defined to permit appropriate quality planning and implementation.
- Develop, implement and sustain all quality systems.
- Champion and facilitate the use of LEAN Six Sigma, and other quality tools for quality and process improvement.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in various phases of Quality Assurance or equivalent in Aerospace, Defense, or Nuclear Power generation environments.
- Hands-on experience in inspection of small, complex machined parts and assemblies.
- Ability to drive activity scheduling and turn-around time to ensure on-time performance.
- Must be mobile, capable of communicating with plant personnel at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, composing written reports and other communications.
- Superior analytical skills, capable of using current computer analysis tools (Microsoft Office, plus others applicable programs such as Minitab).
Contact John Forsatz