Quality Assurance Manager
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21120-MK1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/26/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Assurance Manager to ensure products meet quality and efficiency standards for manufacturing of aerospace components and systems.
- Ensure manufacturing production lines run smoothly and generate a consistently quality output.
- Review every customer PO for quality requirements.
- Establish quality procedures, standards, and specifications for the company.
- Set and enforce standards for quality and safety during work operations.
- Carry out research to identify ways to reduce failures and maximize resources.
- Ensure legal obligations are met.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies and safety guidelines.
- Work as site ESHQ representative responsible for ESH reporting, incident investigations, communicating ESH topics to colleagues, maintaining a First Aid training certification, Site-Emergency Management Team member, and support of ESHQ goals.
- Implement process improvements with the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC), and measurement analysis.
- Ensure CoQ (Costs of Quality) metrics are aligned with the company’s strategic initiatives, including scrap, rework, returns, appraisal and prevention.
- Establish programs to improve metrics using continuous improvement tools and Lean Manufacturing.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 4 years experience in manufacturing or production of electronics and electromechanical products.
- Experience as a Senior Quality Control position a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and other technical drawings that detail product specifications.
- Knowledge of Defense and Aerospace documentation and dimensioning.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, parts lists, and specifications.
- Requires ERP knowledge, ERP implementation knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of Military Standards and practices related to quality planning.
- ISO 9001 & AS9001 knowledge and training background a plus.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude, ability to analyze application requirements, provide failure analysis.
- Experience with Configuration Control management practices.
- Experience with NASA, J-STD and IPC standard implementation.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman