Quality Control Manager
Location : King of Prussia PA US 19406
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19898-AB1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/19/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Biology
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Pharmaceutical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Control Supervisor to oversee technicians and junior chemists in completing testing and testing support activities.
- Motivate, train and resolve problems for his/her team while maintaining a compliant and safe environment and complying with personnel policies.
- Oversee testing and assaying of, validation, raw material, process intermediates and finished product samples in Virology or other Biological Sciences. Develop plan to continuously improve assays.
- Responsible for efficiently and accurately performing lab work and critically evaluating data generated.
- Recommend acceptance or rejection of samples. Support deviation investigations, out-of-trend results, and test failures from manufacturing and release or stability testing.
- Update SOPs, Process Specific Training Modules, and Test Methods.
- Supervision and training of and scheduling assignments for hourly testing employees while promoting teamwork and open communication.
- Maintain productivity records and develop productivity improvement plans.
- Investigate and report on laboratory safety and environmental incidents.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Biology, Microbiology, Virology or Biochemistry, MS preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of laboratory, manufacturing, or quality control/assurance industry experience.
- Current and/or previous supervision experience required.
- Experience in and knowledge of cGMP regulations.
- Experience with cell cultures and cell based assays.
- Knowledge of laboratory analytical techniques.
- Detail oriented, quick-learning, self-starting, well organized with strong problem solving, critical and quantitative thinking, project management, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.