Quality Control Supervisor
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19572-JF1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Control Supervisor for manufactured goods and finished products.
- Implement quality control programs and design and develop inspection instruments and inspection methods.
- Supervise, coordinate and administer quality control functions or an engineering and technical nature to insure product quality and reliability.
- Coordinate the efforts of QC personnel, assign daily jobs to inspectors and inspect parts to expedite jobs.
- Resolve problems related to quality deviations and expedite orders to maintain schedules and commitments.
- Conduct investigative studies to determine reasons for defects and effect corrective and remedial actions.
- Assist with investigative procedures on customer complaints and advise the Director of Quality Assurance on technical matters complaints and/or when directed and work closely with customer representatives to solve problems relative to complaints.
- Instruct and train inspectors in the use of inspection and testing devices, methods and techniques.
- Coordinate MRR process.
- Investigate manufacturing hardware and engineering parts discrepancies.
- Assist in maintaining a satisfactory level of staffing to meet customer requirements.
- Comply with company policies and practices, administer work rules and regulations and, when necessary take the disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for maintaining quality control records and preparing reports incidental to the procedures and functions of the department.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering, or equivalent experience with Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Shop inspection practices.
- Minimum 4 years experience in various engineering phases, production and/or manufacturing engineering, quality control and reliability engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise individuals, through effective verbal and written communication skills.
- ASQ Certification and/or experience with lean manufacturing techniques and the use of Six Sigma tools is desired.
- PC computer and MS Office Applications
- Lifting up to 25lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual acuity, and typing.
Contact: John Forsatz