Quality Engineer - CWI
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20519-AS1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/08/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : AAS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Assurance Inspector to perform incoming, in-process and final inspections in our production facility.
- Inspection of capital equipment following the requirements of ISO9001 and ASME Section VIII. Perform a broad range of hands-on inspections on a large mix of parts and use the ERP system to enter and resolve quality issues, working under the direction of our Quality Assurance Manager.
- Work with production, purchasing and engineering to resolve quality issues and identify areas for improvement.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret GD&T drawing specifications.
- Use precision measurement and test equipment to make accurate measurements.
- Respond quickly to production and engineering requests for inspection.
- Efficient communicator who is comfortable working with email and ERP systems for documentation of inspections.
- Knowledgeable in welding, NDT, AWS/ASME codes.
- Be able to inspect raw materials per applicable ASME or ASTM material specifications.
- Perform electric control panel inspections for proper operations.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS Engineering, BS Engineering preferred.
- Experience with welding inspection, CWI certification a plus.
- Certified or experience in ISO 9001 auditing a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of QA/QC experience in a capital equipment manufacturing environment.
- Experience with job shop manufacturing and large complex capital equipment projects.
- Hands on manufacturing experience, particularly in welding or machine shop.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
Contact: Alex Salewycz