Location : East Rutherford NJ US 07073
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19805-BZ1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 115000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 05/06/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Quality Engineer working in a metal manufacturing environment, familiar with manufacturing methods such as heat treating, welding and composites, and NDT and inspection methods.
- Develop, implement and administer various methods and procedures to ensure product quality.
- Design and plan product inspections to assure potential defects are minimized and product and system quality levels are maintained.
- Investigate root cause and implement corrective actions to assure efficient and effective system execution.
- Audit product and processes as required including vendor surveillance.
- Review procedures, purchasing documents, drawings, manufacturing travelers, process data, certifications for completeness and adequacy.
- Prepare and review product data packages.
- Establish and provide written procedures for quality assurance activities as related to product. Generate non-conformance reports based on inspection results.
- Generate inspection method sheet for inspectors.
- Participate in review and disposition or nonconforming materials.
- Investigate causes of system and hardware non-compliances.
- Prepare and maintain quality assurance program plans in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Administer the audit system using prescribed audit methods and checklists.
- Participate in customer audits and source inspections.
- Participate in technical, quality and commercial meetings with customers and suppliers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Materials Science.
- Minimum 5 years experience with quality control for metal manufacturing and inspection.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing operation with certification to ISO9100.
- Knowledge of various materials (Inconel, Aluminum, Composites).
- Knowledge of processes (heat treating, welding, etc.).
- Knowledge of NDT and inspection methods.
- Knowledge of ISO, EAR, and ITAR standards and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management, time management, problem solving and organization skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky