Location : West Hartford CT US 06107
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21097-MM1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/08/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Engineer to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 & 13485, and AS9100 Quality System Requirements.
- Responsible for supplier quality and performance, first article inspections, corrective action, and providing training.
- Manage supplier quality issues and purchased material non-conformances.
- Work with suppliers, Purchasing, and Engineering to improve incoming parts quality and reduce incoming defects.
- Optimize QA inspection plans.
- Performs Supplier Quality Assessments and Audits.
- Completes First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) for new parts and part changes as well as for outgoing parts when needed.
- Support ISO Registrar Audits, Customer Audits, and Internal Audits.
- Apply various Quality tools to solve problems, including FMEA, SPC, Fishbone, 8D, etc.
- Issue and answer both internal and external Corrective and Preventive actions as needed.
- Assist in daily configuration management activities, including drawing approval, drawing / process / procedure changes, and purchase order review.
- Provide daily support of Production and QA team on Quality related issues (includes MRB).
- Provide support to Engineering projects and Product Development teams from a Quality perspective.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science, or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of related industry experience.
- Manufacturing experience in the commercial or military Aerospace industry, or in the Medical Device industry preferred.
- Ability to work with and troubleshoot small machined and molded parts and blueprints.
- Ability to diagnose problems and implement improvements.
- Working knowledge of statistical quality control methodologies, including SPC, 6 Sigma, design of experiments, lot acceptance, sampling plans and gage R&R.
- ASQ Member with certifications (CQA, CQE, or CQM) preferred.
Contact: Mark Manz