Location : New Providence NJ US 07974
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 21172-AS1
Compensation : open - 18-24/h
Start Date : 09/15/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Quality Inspector to inspect components, parts and assemblies to +/- .0001 tolerances, using calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Communicate with production and quality personnel to maintain good workflow.
- Ensures all specifications are met and critical features are inspected in accordance with the appropriate inspection criteria.
- Enters jobs into SAP as required.
- Enters Inspection data into the Supplier Rating database.
- Follows ANSI Z1.4 or similar sampling plans.
- Identifies discrepancies and proactively seeks further clarification when needed.
- Identifies opportunity for improvement.
- Notifies supervisor or other personnel of issues as they arise.
- Performs inspection of component parts and assemblies against documented requirements.
- Performs visual and magnification inspection of components (cables as needed) assuring that all dimensions are in accordance with applicable drawing/specifications.
- Read Blue Prints and inspect to tolerances of +/- .0001".
- Rejects product or materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Trains other inspectors or assemblers as directed.
- Responsible for calibrations as required
- Performs all other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years inspection experience required.
- Minimum 2 years inspection experience with technical products.
- Ability to reads Blue Prints and inspects to tolerances of +/- .0001
- ERP experience required.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- An understanding of inspection techniques and methods.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have ability to read, understand, and explain engineering drawings assembly instructions.
- General understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ISO quality standards, and Quality System Regulation.
- Tools: Digital caliper, digital micrometer, microscope, and plating verification equipment.
Contact: Alex Salewycz