Location : Livingston NJ US 07039
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20187-AS1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/09/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Industrial, Mechanical, or Polymer Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Manager responsible for maintaining the overall company quality standards, as directed by Management, which meet and exceed client and Federal, State, and Local government expectations for cosmetic packaging.
- Responsible for coordinating all Quality activities (inspections, reworks, etc.), working with executive management and sales, as well as interacting directly with customers and factories. Establish and maintain strong customer relations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage Procedures, SOPs, Work Instructions, etc.
- Partner with other functions to improve business process quality in additional to product quality.
- Oversee company complaint process through the gathering, review and trending of all customer complaints.
- Identifies areas of concern and initiates actions for improvement.
- Ensures compliance to all applicable Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations.
- Responsible for Company training and documentation of training for cGMPs, SOP Implementation and various other areas.
- Understanding customer expectations, communicating and coordinating effectively internally to meet those expectations.
- Understand and utilize quality controls tools and techniques.
- Utilize Six sigma, 8D, Five whys, Kaizen, Ishikawa (cause and effect), and FMEA.
- Coordinate rapid response teams to re-work defective products at customer sites or at 3rd party locations.
- Implement military type purges, sorts, and inspections.
- Reviewing and approving factory and 3rd Party inspections to release production lots.
- View defective samples, conduct root cause analysis, work with internal and external suppliers, coordinate corrective actions, and insure implementation.
- Create charge backs and insure collections for internal and external suppliers.
- Conduct assessments and audits of all potential and current suppliers to determine capability and adherence to Company standards.
- Conducts internal audits to processes and procedures on an as-needed basis.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Industrial, Mechanical, or Polymer Engineering
- Minimum 3 years Quality Management experience with emphasis on standards development and implementation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment for cosmetics and plastic packaging.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt a plus.
- Experience with cGMP and FDA regulatory requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze large quantities of data to extract relevant, meaningful insights and recommend potential actions.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities and root cause analysis experience.
Contact: Alex Salewycz