Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20936-AS1
Compensation : 110000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/10/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Medical Devices
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Quality Manager responsible for the administration of the company’s quality and business improvement systems.
- Manage technical personnel, including inspectors, programmers and quality engineers.
- Support manufacturing and engineering departments in quality engineering and inspection related activities.
- Design, install and evaluate quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques.
- Design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Analyze production and service limitations and standards.
- Recommend revisions of specifications when needed.
- Assist VP Of Quality in formulating quality assurance policies and procedures in compliance with ISO 9000, ISO 13485 Medical and ISO TS 16949 Automotive as well as other customer specific requirements.
- Conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools.
- Interface with all other engineering and manufacturing groups within the company and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
- Member of the Advanced Product Quality Planning Team (APQP) working on contract review and the development of new programs within the company.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Quality Control / Quality Assurance in a tightly toleranced industry with an automotive
- and medical customer base.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information to people of various degrees of ability.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Needs a thorough understanding of automotive and medical industry quality requirements (APQP, FMEA, Process Flows, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis).
- Knowledgeable in the following Military Specifications: MIL-STD-45208A, MIL-STD-45662, and MILQ9858A.
- General knowledge of ISO 9000, ISO TS 167949 Automotive, ISO 13485 Medical and other company and customer requirements as required.
- Must have general knowledge and training of metal or resin materials.
- Must be proficient in blueprint interpretation, geometric tolerancing and statistics.
- Must be computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Requires a high degree of competency of various types of measuring equipment: basic mechanical instruments, complex programmable vision systems and computerized data collection systems.
- Travel 10% of time.
Contact: Alex Salewycz