Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20392-AB1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 12/14/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an R&D Engineer / Scientist to conduct treatment of production materials and to generate nano-scale antimicrobial and antiviral metal and polymer surfaces.
- Usage of oxygen plasma to change metal and polymer surface properties.
- Theory and application of FT-IR, contact angle, and XPS to characterize metal and polymer surfaces.
- Manage packaging of treated medical devices and testing/gamma irradiation logistics according to master batch records, when required.
- Maintain GMP compliance, identify, and report quality issues.
- Follow work instruction, batch records, SOPs and make revisions as needed.
- Report accidents and unsafe condition and unusual circumstances.
- Follow good documentation practices (GDP) when maintaining up-to-date scientific notebook, solution logbooks, and batch records.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
- Minimum 2 years of R&D experience in the manufacturing industry .
- Knowledge of material modification on polymer and metal surfaces using self-assembled monolayers.
- Knowledge and experience using polymerization techniques.
- Desire to work in a very collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Entrepreneurial with goals of growth in a small company with a lot of upside potential.
Contact: Allan Berman