Reliability Engineer, Aerospace
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20331-MM1
Compensation : open - 50-65/h
Start Date : 10/20/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Reliability Engineer to work with experienced engineers and scientists to assist with reliability analysis.
- Responsible for attending and facilitating capability review meetings and providing MTBUR (mean time between unscheduled removal) data for aerospace parts.
- Serve as the central focal point for the reliability function with other disciplines and with customers for the program(s) assigned.
- Research and write reliability portions of various technical proposals.
- Work to identify reliability critical items and any non-conformances.
- Offer design alternatives.
- Generate reliability, maintainability and system safety reports for company and customer review.
- Perform system safety analyses per Mil-Std-882 and SAE ARP4761.
- Perform Maintainability analyses per Mil-Std-470.
- Review customer reliability, safety and maintainability requirements and provide RMS/C analysis.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role within the aerospace industry which must include Reliability, Maintainability and Safety engineering analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Radiation hardening of electronics experience a plus.
- De-rating of electronic parts a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. as position is with a defense contractor.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance
Contact: Mark Manz