Remote SOC Analyst
Location : Red Bank NJ US 07701
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19699-JT1
Compensation : 55000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : IT Security
Job Description :
- A managed security company seeks to boost its security operations center (SOC).
- Two positions available, one is day shift, the other is 2:00pm-11:00pm.
- While these positions will start off working in the office (in order to learn the systems etc.) they will quickly transition to remote positions.
- Main responsibilities involve monitoring the SIEM and other security alerts, quickly diagnosing problems and assisting in incident response.
- Using tools such as wireshark and/or nmap to map hosts on various networks.
- Respond to SIEM alerts to quickly diagnose issue and/or false positives.
- Work with other SOC and NOC team members.
- Be generally knowledgeable about current security vulnerabilities.
- Prepare incident/ SOC reports.
- Update activity in ticketing system.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of overall IT experience.
- Minimum 2 years of networking and/or security experience.
- At least one year of incident response experience.
- Experience with some sort of SIEM software (splunk, Alienvault, QRadar etc.).
- Experience with leading security tools such as Wireshark, nmap, metasploit (i.e. familiarity with Kali Linux).
- Experience with any ticket management software.
- Security certifications preferred, ie: SSCP. GCIA, CISSP.
- Familiarity with ITIL Processes.
Contact: John Terkovich
To search all of our 100+ jobs, please visit www.TerkoTech.com
Please send all inquiries to John@TerkoTech.com