Sales Applications Engineer
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21108-JF1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/18/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Applicaitons Engineer to conduct technical reviews of RFQs.
- Responsible for component selection and coordination of input on engineering design, quality assurance and commercial concerns.
- Develop technical and commercial proposals and bid follow-up through to contract award.
- Prospect and cultivate business opportunities within the customers’ engineering and purchasing departments.
- Maintain a highly visible presence within the industry as a technical authority.
- Identify operating issues and concerns for market development and growth.
- Prepare sales forecasts.
- Attend tradeshows and conferences within areas of responsibilities.
- Perform product training for potential customers and existing customer base.
- Interface with Design Engineering and Contracts Administration after receipt of award, including project kick off and transition to project engineer and program management.
- Provide technical support to existing customers.
- Provide technical input to marketing literature.
- Provide input to strategic plan.
- Maintain log of equipment performance feedback and track resolution status.
- Identify market needs and opportunities for new product development, interface with design engineering.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in the selection and/or design of flow control components, principally in control valves or pressure regulating valves, or other flow control related devices.
- Knowledge of ASME Codes pertaining to construction, qualification, operation, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Sections III and VIII of B&PV Code is a plus.
- Job involves up to 10-20% travel (domestic and international).
Contact: John Forsatz