Location : New Providence NJ US 07974
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20777-AS1
Compensation : 85000.00 - 105000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/05/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree in Business
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Buyer responsible for buying BOM components (mainly piece parts) based on the MRP demand coming from SAP-ERP.
- Purchasing of materials, services, tools and production equipment.
- Manage external processes like plating, heat treatment and cable jacketing.
- Collaborate and monitor the on time delivery schedule of suppliers.
- Review, evaluate and follow best practices in purchasing activities for materials, supplies, services and equipment.
- Read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Solicit bids, evaluate quotations, correspond with vendors and stakeholders to obtain best pricing and lead times.
- Develop sources of supply, maintains effective relationships and regularly monitors supplier performance.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials, and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity to reduce costs.
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required.
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and review opportunities to realize savings and improve terms of business, utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Mentor junior level purchasing associates.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a purchasing or production planning role in a technical or production environment.
- Advanced SAP knowledge.
- Experience with SAP-ERP, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong negotiating and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks in parallel.
- Ability to prioritize.
Contact: Alex Salewycz