Senior Electrical Component Engineer - Hybrid Remote
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 21112-MK1
Compensation : open - 100-120k
Start Date : 07/19/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for an Electrical Component Engineer responsible for investigation and qualification of electronic devices.
- Provide guidance to the design team in the form of analyses, including device suitability, radiation resistance, and lifecycle status.
- Responsible for the evaluation and associated documentation required for final part approval.
- Work with a master electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) part database.
- Investigate, select and qualify application specific components to meet design and specification requirements.
- Address component related issues from both internal and external sources, including part availability, alternate parts, and part suitability.
- Primary customer interface for component questions.
- Create and modify drawings with appropriate documentation of change and efficacy.
- Verify BOMs and ensure accuracy of drawings.
- Disposition non-conforming hardware, as needed.
- Perform failure investigations to support the team, as needed.
- Test and troubleshoot electronic components at various environmental conditions, as needed.
- Create component verification data packages with supporting information and test reports.
- Ensure component compliance with customer requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years experience in component engineering.
- Ability to control an application-specific electronic parts approval process.
- Experience with component reliability issues.
- Experience with component obsolescence management and product lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience with the development of associated component data and drawings.
- Experience with judgment and determination of part applications to meet project objectives and requirements.
- Experience with BOM (Bill of Material) development and management for developmental and production programs.
- Experience with component applications for natural space radiation environments.
- Experience with component applications for hostile atmospheric environments including electromagnetic pulse.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman