Senior Electrical Engineer, Aerospace
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20345-MK1
Compensation : 110000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/26/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Electrical Engineer responsible for leadership related to research, design, integration, and documentation of ruggedized military electronics.
- Additional responsibilities include mentoring, decision making related to specifications, BOM, product qualification, validation, production and customer support.
- Work closely with project manager, customers, quality, production, and sales organization to support development activities.
- Design, develop, test, document, create or modify existing designs based on specifications from customers and sales.
- Lead architecting and integrating complex system designs.
- Responsible for EMC/EMI (Radiated and Conducted Emissions) testing
- Creation of product documentation including wiring list, schematic diagrams, and build of materials (BOM).
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Provide hands-on experience and manufacturing support.
- Participate in daily and weekly meeting with internal and external teams.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years work experience with at least 2 year in Defense or Aerospace industry.
- Experience with electrical design tools (PADS, Altium).
- Experience in system level programming (C/C++).
- Understanding of various MIL Specifications and requirements.
- Hands on lab equipment skills (spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope).
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Experience with electronic product manufacturing or product development in a small business environment (military applications preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decisions, handle multiple priorities and delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time.
- US Citizen required as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman