Senior Electrical Engineer, I&C - Power Plants
- Permanent position for a Senior Electrical Engineer for Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) design for power plants.
- Develops major Instrumentation and Controls technical specifications, bid evaluations, and vendor drawings reviews for equipment (i.e. Distributed Control System, Programmable Logic Controller, CEMS/NOx Monitoring System, Analyzers, Vibration Monitoring System, Fabric Filter Cleaning Control System, Transmitters, Thermocouples, Control Valves, etc.).
Provide Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) and Electrical Engineering support to proposal and contract project operation across Boiler, Selective Catalytic Reduction System (SCR), Air Quality Control Systems (AQCS), Wastewater Spray Dryer (WSD), Flue Gas Desulfurization Systems (FGD), Turbine and After Market Service areas.
- Prepares P&IDs, control narratives and system architecture, operator interface layout, instrument connection and installation details, location drawings and technical specifications.
- Generates DCS Graphic drawings and control logic diagram using SAM/ISA format for combustion controls and BMS for Boiler and Burners, AQCS, SCR, Fabric Filter, etc.
- Ensures that I&C design & engineering deliverables are delivered per contract specifications, and within budget and schedule.
- Reviews I&C related documents to mechanical, electrical and process equipment technical specifications and vendor drawings of equipment manufacturer's or subcontractor's and prepares comments and recommendations.
- Coordinates all I&C engineering interfaces with other discipline and client as lead engineer, if assigned.
- Ensures work products meet all applicable local and industry codes, standards and regulatory guides specifically NFPA, ASME, ISA, etc.
- Able to review and understand DCS and PLC configuration drawings.
- Able to support and execute multiple proposal and contract as project discipline engineer with minimum supervision
BS - Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with I&C experience.
Minimum 10 years experience with Instrumentation and Control Systems design.
Experience with AQCS (Air Quality Control Systems), FDG, SCR, WSD, Boilers, Turbines , CCS & BMS for Power Plants.
Experience with electrical codes and standards for power plant control system design and installation.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of industry codes and standards (ANSI/ISA-5.1, NFPA/NEC, IEEE, NEMA) as they relate to Power Plants.
Contact: Alex Salewycz