Senior Electrical Engineer, I&C
Location : Bridgewater NJ US 08807
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20252-AS1
Compensation : open - 60-70/h
Start Date : 07/23/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Senior Electrical Engineer for Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) design for power plants.
- Develops major Instrumentation and Controls technical specifications, bid evaluations, and vendor drawings reviews for equipment (i.e. Distributed Control System, Programmable Logic Controller, CEMS/NOx Monitoring System, Analyzers, Vibration Monitoring System, Fabric Filter Cleaning Control System, Transmitters, Thermocouples, Control Valves, etc.).
- Prepares P&IDs, control narratives and system architecture, operator interface layout, instrument connection and installation details, location drawings and technical specifications.
- Generates DCS Graphic drawings and control logic diagram using SAM/ISA format for combustion controls and BMS for Boiler and Burners, AQCS, SCR, Fabric Filter, etc.
- Ensures that I&C design & engineering deliverables are delivered per contract specifications, and within budget and schedule.
- Reviews I&C related documents to mechanical, electrical and process equipment technical specifications and vendor drawings of equipment manufacturer's or subcontractor's and prepares comments and recommendations.
- Coordinates all I&C engineering interfaces with other discipline and client as lead engineer, if assigned.
- Ensures work products meet all applicable local and industry codes, standards and regulatory guides specifically NFPA, ASME, ISA, etc.
- Able to review and understand DCS and PLC configuration drawings.
- Able to support and execute multiple proposal and contract as project discipline engineer with minimum supervision
Required Qualifications :
- BS or MS Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience with I&C Engineering for the power plant industry.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of industry codes and standards (ANSI/ISA-5.1, NFPA/NEC, IEEE, NEMA) as they relate to Power Plants.
Contact: Alex Salewycz