Senior Electrical Engineering Manager
Location : Raritan NJ US 08869
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21005-AS1
Compensation : 130000.00 - 155000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/21/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Electrical Engineering Manager for Instrumentation & Controls and Automation process plant projects.
- Development of single line diagrams and schematic drawings.
- Develop purchase specifications, obtain vendor quotes, and prepare electrical construction specifications.
- Perform bid evaluations and approve vendor drawings.
- Supervise start‐up, testing, and commissioning of electrical equipment installations in new process plants including hydrogen plants,
- ASUs, and other gas plants.
- Contributing to plant proposals for business development coordinating with all other disciplines and construction management during plant design and construction.
- Supervise designers tasked with producing drawings and documentation.
- Coordination with utilities for installation of new plants including new substations.
- Responsible for power system studies for voltage drop, load flow, and short circuit and relay coordination.
- Develop substation packages including installation, testing and commissioning of high voltage substations.
- Review design calculations for load flow, short circuit, Arc Flash, and relay coordination.
- Responsible for voltage drop calculations during starting of large motors, switchgear, transformers, VFD’s, UPS, diesel generators, batteries, and battery chargers.
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns.
- Run analysis of plant trips and perform root cause analysis.
- Create reports for Lessons Learned for continuous improvement.
- Provide emergency support during plant trips to re‐start a plant and bring it to operating conditions.
- Perform plant reliability audits and evaluations of existing electrical equipment.
- Prepare cost estimations for upgrades.
- Evaluation hazardous area classifications, especially for Hydrogen plants including liquid H2 dispensing units.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the Industrial or Chemical Industries.
- Experience with design engineering, regulatory compliance, electrical power control, troubleshooting, construction inspection, commissioning support, and proposal development support.
- Experience with drives, MV motors, utility requirements for industrial use, transformer & switchgear design, soft starters, US and International codes and standards (ATEX, NEC, UL, etc.), programming, low voltage MCC, industrial heaters, and plant design.
- Ability to read standard Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and have familiarity with viewing 3D models.
- Professional engineering licenses are a plus.
Contact: Alex Salewycz