Senior Electronics Hardware Technician
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20254-MM1
Compensation : open - 30-35/h
Start Date : 07/21/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : AAS Electrical Engineering Technology
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Senior Hardware Engineering Technician to assist hardware, FPGA and software design engineers in testing, assembling, debugging, and verifying FPGA based products and systems.
- Perform various V&V (Verification and Validation) tasks on new and existing board-level products, testing and troubleshooting prototypes and pre-production products.
- Provide Engineering support to Manufacturing for new product introduction, including documentation of test procedures and test training for Manufacturing personnel.
- Understand and execute test plans and take verbal instructions from engineers.
- Keep detailed records of work.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS EET or Computer Engineering Technology
- Minimum 3 years as an electronics technician, preferably in an engineering design environment.
- Experience with system and component level debugging of high-speed digital electronics
- Strong experience in the use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- SMT soldering IPC certified & rework skills.
- Experience with signal eye diagrams a plus.
- Familiarity with PCIe and/or other serial bus protocol.s
- Understanding of communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART.
- Familiarity with FPGAs and/or microprocessors and/or memories.
- Some programming experience in C/C++, Python, and/or other languages is a plus.
Contact: Mark Manz