Senior Hardware Design Engineer - Hybrid Remote
Location : Guilford CT US 06473
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21115-MK1
Compensation : 95000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/21/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer for analog and digital circuit design for sensors.
- Handle all aspects of new and sustaining electrical design work, including concept circuit design, schematic capture, simulation, and PCB layout of integrated electronics within aerospace sensor transducers.
- Lead and manage project(s) for development and delivery of high-performance sensors through phase gated review process.
- Develop analytical models of sensor systems during the concept and early development phase to validate initial design methodology.
- Design electronic hardware to match analytical performance.
- Incorporate commercially available integrated circuits, OpAmps, ASICs, and other passive and active components.
- Design to meet system accuracy, temperature compensation, power input and EMI protection requirements.
- Responsible for analog and digital simulation activities.
- Layout printed circuit boards for engineering test and production using OrCAD design tools.
- Develop front end electronics to meet rigorous aerospace EMI standards (DO-160, MIL-STD-810).
- Develop the electrical system bill of materials with a focus on cost and obsolescence management.
- Hands-on testing and debugging of fabricated circuitry required with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with the supply chain team to ensure the timely procurement of materials and properly timed execution of work orders.
- Contribute to the intellectual property portfolio by providing innovative solutions to technical challenges.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
- Graduate-level degree (MS or PhD) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of strong electrical and electronic design experience required.
- Mechanical and software design engineering experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with DO-254 a plus.
- Aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) cable harness and/or sensors knowledge a plus.
- Ability to travel domestic and international up to 15%.
- To conform with US export regulations and ITAR 120.15 and EAR Part 772, incumbents for this role must be eligible for any required authorizations from the US government.
Contact: Monique Kleiman