Senior I&C Designer, Power Plants
Location : Somerset NJ US 08873
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20361-AS1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/06/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : AAS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for and Instrumentation and Controls Designer to ensure designs are compliant with contract specifications, applicable codes and standards.
- Provides I&C design support to proposals and contract work across the coal to gas retrofits and conversion systems, anhydrous or aqueous ammonia systems, urea to ammonia systems, systems, combustion systems, limestone handling and storage systems, absorber systems, etc.
- Review customer's specification and generate design/CAD of I&C drawings such as PFDs', P&IDs', Analog and Digital Logic Diagrams, Instrument Location Drawings, Instrument Connection and Installation Details, Bill of Materials & Operator Interface Layout Drawings.
- Provides electrical CAD support for the development of One Line Diagram, Schematic & Interconnection Wiring Diagram, Cable Block Diagram, Hazardous Area Classification Drawings, etc.
- Interpret control drawings, PFD's and P&ID's.
- Interface with Plant Design Group for 3-D model.
- Vendor Drawing/Document reviews, commenting and approval.
- Ability to develop CAD background drawings (GAs) from 3D Model.
- Support Proposal and Project groups and other engineering disciplines to assure successful completion of both proposal preparation and contract execution.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience with I&C Design for AQCS for power plant air pollution control.
- Experience with MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Experience with SmartPlant PID is a plus.
- Requires comprehensive understanding of the design of instrumentation and controls relative to the design development and drafting of P&IDs, Analog and Digital Logic Diagrams, Instrument Location Drawings, Instrument Connection and Installation Details, I/O List, Instrument List, Control System Architecture, Operator Interface Layout Drawings for Utility Boilers, Air Quality Control Systems (AQCS), Flue Gas Desulphurization Systems (FGD), Selective Catalytic Reduction Systems (SCR) and Waste Water Spray Dryer Systems (WSD) that are typically found in power plant and industrial environment.
Contact: Alex Salewycz