Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer
Location : Somerset NJ US 08873
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21138-MM1
Compensation : 130000.00 - 160000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/15/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : MS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer responsible for developing and improving manual and automated assembly and test processes such as optical alignment and bonding.
- Facilitate the implementation of engineering changes and process improvements throughout product life cycle.
- Review existing processes and enhance them to improve yield, cycle time and quality.
- Create assembly instructions, process documentation, preventative maintenance plans, and control plans.
- Train, certify, and audit technicians and operators to process documentation.
- Monitor process performance using tools such as statistical process control (SPC).
- Responsible for resolving technical issues related to optical assembly processes in the design phase working with optical design and reliability teams.
- Support production line moves and/or new product introduction by coordinating quality, materials, tools, production line layouts, and process development.
- Support year over year cycle time reductions.
- Develop, create and manage Bill of Material (BOM) changes and support ongoing maintenance and accuracy in cooperation with other functions.
Required Qualifications :
- MS Engineering, PhD preferred.
- Experience manufacturing of optical components and sub-systems of related components.
- Experience testing optical components
- Experience with optical performance parameters such as: Bandwidth, IL, PDL, PMD, CD, Ripple or specification sensitivity and interdependencies.
- Experience with a variety of optical test and measurement equipment such as: OSAs, polarization controllers, interferometers, TLS and/or ASE.
- Experience with optical alignment and coupling, beam propagation rules and/or polarization optics.
- Experience with DFM / DFT is a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques using modeling tools such as Minitab is a plus.
- Experience with DWDM is a plus.
- Experience with Six Sigma is a plus.
Contact: Mark Manz